Some desires I have in my own heart, for myself...
A desire to...
-Minister to women. For some reason, this has been really heavy on my heart, but I also feel ill-equipped- like, do I even have the knowledge and understanding to minister to other women? I lack a strong biblical foundation and feel often times like I am no better of a Christian than anyone else. What would make me equipped for this? I find myself desiring to have women into my home to talk about Jesus, specifically, moms, to talk through what it looks like to seek Jesus in such a busy season. I also find myself getting discouraged since I feel so far away from the women I'm close to. Lord, would you show me how to do this? Whether it be engaging with my new community, or being more intentional about the women who are far away, would you direct me to where you are calling me now?
-Be creative. Whether it's cooking, writing, drawing fancy letters, teaching, etc., I've had a strong inkling to create. What does it look like for me to create? What do I focus on? How do I channel it in a way that honors Jesus? How do I even make time for this right now?
-Study and read and grow in the understanding of Jesus. I want more books. More knowledge. And yet, I already have bookmarks half way through 3 other books. So why am I trying to find new books when I haven't even finished reading the ones I have? Where do I start? What do I need to grow in? Well, lots of things, but Jesus, what do YOU need me to grow in during this season of life? Show me, King Jesus.
-To stop thinking "What about me?" This is not life giving, not Christ-like, and is not what I'm called to as a follower of Jesus.
-Take advantage of the mundane moments in my day as a Stay at Home Mom, and to find practical ways to invite Jesus into them.
Desires I have for my daughters:
-I want them to be women that know and love Jesus. How do I share the gospel with them daily? What are some practical ways for me to do this? How do I explain what Jesus is like and who he is?
-I want us to be women that worship together. How do I bring my daughters into worship? Even at a young age?
-I want them to have hearts of service. I want them to love people. Regardless of where they are from, what they are like, how different they are from my daughters, I want them to be able to meet people where they are at. As I think about this, I can't help but ask myself, "Am I even doing this well?" Jesus, help me to cultivate this better, and help me to invite my daughters into this with me.
-I want them to be brave. I want to be less scared of their safety and to help them to take risks that will grow and change them for the better.
-I want to be specific about what I pray for them, and help them learn to be specific about the ways that they pray for their own hearts, and for others.
Desires for my family:
-I want our family to crave worshipping our King.
-I want our family to speak affirmations over each other like it's our job.
-I want our daughters to see what Christ looks like through the ways my husband and I interact with each other.
-I want us to grow in our knowledge and understanding of the Word together.
-I want us to learn how to cultivate free time well.
-I want us to have open, vulnerable conversations with each other about hard things that each of us encounters. I want my daughters to see my own heart struggles and the ways that I'm continuing to work out my salvation.
-I want my husband and I to have ongoing conversations about our hearts, our relationship with Jesus, and how He's continuing to change us.
-I want our family to embrace our community, our church body, and to lay our lives down for others. Help us to do this better, Lord.
-I want Scripture to be written on our hearts through the ways that we actively seek and grow in our knowledge and understanding of it. God, would you give us the discipline to do this? It sometimes feels so hard for our tired and weary hearts, even though it's the only source of true life.
No comments:
Post a Comment