Thursday, November 12, 2015

Inviting Jesus Into the Mundane

As I think and pray through the list of hopes, dreams, desires, the Holy Spirit speaks slowly and softly to me, helping me to focus in on His desires for me in this season.  Thank you, Jesus.  He gave me a gentle reminder that although there are many good desires here, my most important job right now is being a mom that proclaims the gospel to my 2 beautiful, innocent, joyful daughters.  I am a dreamer.  When I'm sitting around, my mind is constantly spinning, thinking of things I could be doing, should be doing, when in reality, some days I have a hard time even getting the dishes and laundry done.  Jesus is trying to teach me to see the beauty in the mundane daily tasks of being a mom.  He's calling me to find ways to be creative in inviting him into the mundane.  So, this blog is just an attempt to document ways He's helping me become creative in my pursuit of Him.  And to invite other moms to join in- to share how they are inviting Him into their day.  Because I think we can all help each other learn how to do this by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Being a mom is glorious and beautiful and the most rewarding thing I have ever done.  Being a mom is also really, really hard.  So let's come together as women, and be real about it and encourage one another in it.

Here are some initial thoughts about ways to get creative in inviting Jesus into the day... I'm hoping to experiment a little with each of them, and write a reflection on how it practically plays out...


  • Doodle encouraging scripture verses and post them all over the house.
  • Cook.
  • Sing and dance with my daughters.  Invite them into worship NOW!
  • Declare, sing, and write words over my daughters/their beds.
  • Focus on a specific bible verse each day - play it through the Verses Project, put it in my pocket, put it on my phone.
  • Write.
  • Draw.
  • Pray out loud. Constantly.
  • Listen. Constantly.  
  • Take the girls on a walk and listen to worship music.
  • Play sermons/worship music in the background. 
  • Play the Audio version of the Bible out loud.
  • Take them places where we can invest in people.
  • Host friends in our home.

Please, help me add to this list!!  How do you invite Jesus into your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment